Blok ‘N’ Mesh, the
Supplying the construction and allied industries for over 40 years, the Crownlea Group is dedicated to providing confidence in the quality and service of our products to all sectors of the industry. Family-owned and family-run, the company ethos has always been based on fair and ethical trade.
Our Company Mission Statement is as follows: -
This Statement, which links closely with our Environmental Awareness Policy Statement, confirms our commitments and demonstrates how we will implement our corporate responsibilities. We will look to create a balance between: -
- The development of opportunities with our customers
- Stimulating and rewarding our staff
- Working with and supporting our local communities and charities
- Sustaining the environment
Blok ‘N’ Mesh has reviewed its operations and identified the main impacts of our work on the communities and environments in which we operate. We aim to address these impacts by: -
- Promoting the reduction of energy and water consumption.
- Minimising the production of waste by means of resource efficiency and the avoidance of any unnecessary packaging.
- Ensuring recyclable waste is segregated from non-recyclable waste before safe disposal. As a result, minimising the amount of waste sent to landfill.
- Maintaining our recycling scheme for steel and office equipment and consumables, and constantly looking to expand this scheme.
- Purchasing or utilising recycled materials (or materials obtained from renewable sources), products and waste wherever possible and viable.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for our staff, members of the public and anyone else with whom we are working.
- Liaising closely within our supply chain – suppliers, customers, contractors and subcontractors – to develop innovative, more efficient or sustainable options and working practices.
- Engaging with local communities and assisting with prevalent issues such as employment, noise, waste, transport, etc.
- Supporting the work of charities worldwide.
- Promoting a strong sense of ethics and social responsibility. Ensuring all staff follow our prescribed Code of Conduct.
- Ensuring our employees are treated in a fair and equal manner, in accordance with our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Encouraging the positive, stimulating and opportune development of all staff and their working roles.
- Recognising the importance of employee health and setting monitoring procedures.
- Effectively communicating this Policy Statement to all staff at their induction training so that they understand their responsibilities and the positive contribution they can make in the implementation of this Policy.
This Policy Statement applies to all divisions and functions of the Company. It is approved and will be reviewed and updated annually by the Company Directors. Amendments will be made as and when necessary.
Name: J Solesbury
Position: Managing Director (Blok ‘N’ Mesh Global Ltd / Blok ‘N’ Mesh Europe Ltd)
Date: 1st September 2020
Review Date: 1st September 2021